Saturday, March 28, 2020 - cancelled due to COVID-19
CONCERT BEGINS AT 8:00 PM
- G. MUFFAT "Sperantis Gaudia" from "Florilegium Primum"
- C. MONTEVERDI Sinfonia from "L'Incoronazione di Poppea"
- A. CESTI Excerpts from opera “L’Orontea”
- J.S. BACH Cello Suite No. 5
- C. MONTEVERDI "Ut queant laxis" and "Chiome d’oro”
- J.G. GRAUN Viola Concerto in E-flat major (US premiere)
- L. VINCI "Vo solcando un mar crud” from “Artaserse”
- H. PURCELL Rondeau (Hornpipe) from “Abdelazer, or the Moor's Revenge”
- H. PURCELL Excerpts from “Dido and Aeneas”, including famous Dido's Lament
- G.F. HANDEL Excerpts from “Delirio Amoroso”
New Trinity Baroque, Atlanta's learning period instrument ensemble, presents a unique program of vocal-instrumental music by Monteverdi, Cesti, Handel, Bach, Purcell and other composers of the 17th and 18th centuries. This program, entitled "Delirio Musicale" (Musical Delirium) with enchant your senses and put you indeed in the state of exhuberance, musical and spiritual.
For this occassion, NTB is happy to welcome a special guest, soprano Tara Venkatesan. In addition to her, featured soloists will also be Ana Torbica (soprano and baroque viola), and baroque cellist André Laurent O'Neil, who will be releasing his newest double CD of J.S. Bach's Cello Suites just in time for this concert (and at a special discounted price).
Join us for this wonderful and never-before heard program in Atlanta. Tickets are already on sale, so hurry up!
St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 1790 LaVista Rd, Atlanta, GA 30329
(repeated on April 14, 2019 in Brasstown, North Carolina)
SEE DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUES
NEW TRINITY BAROQUE
on period instruments
Tara Venkatesan, soprano
Daniel Golleher, baroque violin
Ute Marks, baroque violin
Ana Torbica, baroque viola
André Laurent O'Neil, baroque cello
Martha Bishop, violone
William Hearn, chitarrone
Directed from the Harpsichord by: